Dr.Vasuki Mathivanan Ph.D.,is an accomplished Psychologist with over 2 decades of experience in the field of mental health. She has extensive experience in Training, Teaching, Counselling and Guidance, Clinical supervision and Psychometric assessments.
On completion ofher PhD from the University of Madras, she started her career as a freelance Psychologist in Chennai when the field of mental health was in its nascent stage.When the environment commenced recognizing the importance of the field of Mental health, She moved on to working with Corporate Clients and is presentlya visiting Consultant to many Corporate in Chennai.
To channelise and consolidate her vast experienceand to render a noble service to the Society,she established “Explore Counselling” (http://Explorecounselling.com), an organization with the committed motto of “Hopeless to Hopeful”. Scores of people have benefitted working with this organization in managing their behavioural and mental health challenges.
From her School days, she has been an outstanding student and has continued her abiding interest in education. She has received numerous awards and accolades for her outstanding work/contribution in the field of Mental Health.
- “Best Outstanding Student Award” from J.B.A.S College for Women, Chennai.
- BeingNominated to visit China in relation with presentation of her PhD. research thesis.
- Being the First ACA (Australian Counselling Association) Certified Supervisor in India and being certified to conduct “ACA approved Supervisor training programs” exclusively for Mental Health Professionals, Managers and Team leaders of Corporates.
- Providing internship to students of Psychology and budding counselors.
- Conduction of regular workshops for Corporate and Academic Institutions.
- Facilitation of workshops and seminars on diversified topics in countries like UK, Malaysia, Australia, Doha and Sri Lanka.
- Actively contributing to various publications including co-edited books, Research articles, case studies and formulation of course materials for training programs.
- Presentations of scholarly papers in many National and International conferences.
- Being a part of Expert panel in various discussions in media.
- Current President of Chennai Counselor’s Foundation- A forum for Mental Health Professionals and spear heading its various activities.
Having interacted with multidimensional stakeholders in the field of Mental Health over two decades, she felt a compelling need to support and monitor mental health professionals to hone their skills so that they deliver an effective therapy to their clients. Concurrently,the budding mental health professionals may also need therapeutic interventions to safe guard their mental health. Such a need warranted a group of readily available experienced and certified professionals to supervise and guide these mental Health professionals. This need,coupled with her association with international experts in the field of counselling and psychology gave a birth to the establishment of “Indian Academy of Professional Supervisors.”