Dr.Vasuki Mathivanan Ph.D. is an accomplished Psychologist with over 2 decades of experience in the field of mental health. She has extensive experience in Training, Teaching, Counselling and Guidance, Clinical supervision and Psychometric assessments.
On completion of her Ph.D. from the University of Madras, she started her career as a freelance Psychologist in Chennai when the field of mental health was in its nascent stage. When the environment commenced recognizing the importance of the field of Mental health, She moved on to working with Corporate Clients and is presently a visiting Consultant to many Corporate in Chennai.
To channelize and consolidate her vast experience and to render a noble service to the Society, she established “Explore Counselling” (http://Explorecounselling.com), an organization with the committed motto of “Hopeless to Hopeful”. Scores of people have benefitted working with this organization in managing their behavioral and mental health challenges.
From her School days, she has been an outstanding student and has continued her abiding interest in education. She has received numerous awards and accolades for her outstanding work/contribution in the field of Mental Health.
- Dr. Vasuki received the “Best Outstanding Student Award” from J.B.A.S College for Women, Chennai.
- Dr. received a nomination to visit China concerning the presentation of her Ph.D. research thesis.
- Being the First ACA (Australian Counselling Association) Certified Supervisor in India and is certified to conduct “ACA approved Supervisor training programs” exclusively for Mental Health Professionals, Managers and Team leaders of Corporates.
- We are providing internship to students of Psychology and budding counselors.
- Dr.Vasuki conducts regular workshops for Corporate and Academic Institutions.
- Facilitation of workshops and seminars on diversified topics in countries like the UK, Malaysia, Australia, Doha, and Sri Lanka.
- Dr.Vasuki actively contributes to various publications, including co-edited books, Research articles, case studies, and formulation of course materials for training programs.
- Continuously contribute scholarly papers at various National and International conferences.
- Dr. Vasuki is part of Expert panel in various discussions in media.
- Dr.Vasuki is the former President of Chennai Counselor’s Foundation- A forum for Mental Health Professionals and spearheading its various activities.
Having interacted with multidimensional stakeholders in the field of Mental Health over two decades, she felt a compelling need to support and monitor mental health professionals to hone their skills so that they deliver effective therapy to their clients. Concurrently, the budding mental health professionals may also need therapeutic interventions to safeguard their mental health. Such a need warranted a group of readily available experienced and certified professionals to supervise and guide these mental Health professionals. This need, coupled with her association with international experts in the field of counselling and psychology gave birth to the establishment of “Indian Academy of Professional Supervisors.”