In the new millennial, managers are now required to understand that every member of their workforce regardless of where on the ladder they are is, first and foremost, a complex human being who is made up of many facets. As such, each one requires individual managing. A manager’s goal is to enable each employee to reach their full work potential, which in turn feeds into organisational efficiency and output.
To Increase and Maintain Optimal Productivity from Workers in High Stress Workplaces, need to understand the following facts:
- Workers do bring personal problems to the workplace.
- Workers performance is negatively impacted on by a combination of workplace and personal issues.
- Workplace stress is accumulative in nature and will eventually have a negative impact on even the best workers if not addressed.
- Trauma is accumulative in nature; all first responders including those involved in other industries such as military and corrections (prison) will eventually be negatively impacted on by regular exposure to trauma.
- Resilience can be taught.
- Sound workplace supervision will mitigate the impact of workplace stress and exposure to traumatic situations.
- Module one: Looks at the “What is Corporate Supervision” and why it is needed in high stress professions such as Police Service, Fire Service, Military, Para-Medics etc. This module focuses primarily on advanced communication techniques similar to those used by counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Module two: Two day looks deeper into what is Corporate Supervision and how is it applied using the RISE UP model. This module also focuses on the need for the Supervisor to understand the repercussions of stress and burnout in the workplace and how self help can mitigate this.
Both modules incorporate: a. Face to face training including, lectures, interactive group work and practice n sessions. b. There is no formal written or practice assessment process, students are assessed as they progress through each unit.
Successful completion of Module one and two leads to a Certificate of Attainment in Corporate Supervision, this qualifies the graduate to work as a non clinical Professional Supervisor within the workplace.
There are no pre-course study requirements. Students should be nominated by their workplace and come with several years of managing people experience. This course also lays a sound platform for senior workers who are being considered for a management position.